Monday, August 9, 2010

Get a Line!

As Superman was growing up, he spent lots of time at the lake with his family. Me . . . not so much. He has enjoyed fishing for as long as he can remember. Me . . . not so much! Now, don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with fishing. I've just never really been around it so I never grew to enjoy it. Superman was baiting, casting, reeling and starting all over again from the time he was able to carry his own pole. (BTW, he's not even home right now. I really do know all those terms!) His mom loves to tell me about his different fishing adventures when he was little. She said that as soon as the car stopped, he would be grabbing his pole and tackle box and heading down to the water before they even realized what was going on.

Since I knew of this love for fishing from the very day we met, I can't complain. But I knew what I was in for when I would catch him singing with Hannah "You get a line, I'll get a pole, honey. You get a line, I'll get a pole, babe." Then I REALLY knew I was in trouble when Hannah got old enough to sing with him and they would alternate lines! It was too cute! But I knew what was coming...

So, when we were packing the car for our recent visit to Houston I was not at all surprised to see 2 fishing poles in the back of the Envoy. And even less surprised that Hannah kept talking about "fishing with Papa and Daddy" all the way there (when she wasn't watching movies of course)! Ya see, the place we were staying had a catch-and-release pond and Papa's RV was parked right on the water's edge.

But this year was a little different. In the past, John barely got to fish because he was helping Hannah bait her hook then watching her more than fishing himself. All that patience finally paid off. This time around, Hannah was baiting her own hook - with real worms (only needing a little help with "pinching" the tough ones) - and casting like a pro. She even caught more than her daddy one day! Was she ever excited :-)

And while this momma doesn't enjoy fishing, I do enjoy this site:



And then there's this one:



Chloe's even starting to get in on the action. But I'm not sure she's going to settle down long enough to really learn it! :-)



Here are some just to enjoy. I hope they make you smile. But I can tell you for sure that as much as I don't love fishing, I do love that Superman has this past time to share with his girls . . . well, at least one of them :-)





1 comment:

  1. I'm with you i dont care for fishing. I can think of a million other things i could be doing! Looks like the girls had a good time though!

    ReplyDelete