Monday, August 23, 2010

School? REALLY?!

So the posts from our trip to Houston are on hold for 2 reasons. First, our official photographer has the other 2 events worthy of mention on his camera and/or computer and has yet to send them to me. Second, a major event has happened in our house . . . Hannah started REAL school. Now, I clarify that this is REAL school because we call Mother's Day Out school too. But I mean REAL school!

I know we've heard parents say this for years, but really . . . it seems like only yesterday I was holding this tiny, helpless newborn in my arms. And now look at her. Getting big (well, at least she feels big) and going off to school on her own. I still can't believe it. She'll be 5 next month but I still don't feel like she's old enough. But enough of my sappiness. I'm getting a little teary-eyed just typing this ;-)

Hannah is attending pre-k at Fairview Elementary School. It's pretty close to home but it's not the school she will continue with. She will go to her "official" school starting next year but they do not offer a pre-k program and the girl was ready to start REAL school! Last Tuesday, we went to "Back to School" night where we got to see her classroom and meet the teacher. I had hoped this would ease some of my anxiety. Boy was I wrong . . . It was PURE CHAOS!!! I barely got to meet the teacher. I DEFINITELY didn't get to ask her any of the million questions in my mind!!!! But Hannah - she did great! She was all smiles as she saw other kids her age and then started putting away all the school supplies we had brought.





Then, we made her sign the paper saying she promised to follow the rules!!!
Wednesday night brought prep for the first big day. For Hannah, that meant a bath then freshly polished fingernails and toenails. Have I mentioned she is a girl? :-)

And can you tell her favorite color is purple? If you have any doubts be looking for the next post. Hopefully that will come tomorrow night.


1 comment: