Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Swimming Hole


Another fun part of our recent trip to Houston (and another AWESOME feature at the RV park) was the swimming pool. It was great! It started with a shallow slope and went to as deep as 4ft, 6in. It was surrounded by lounge chairs and palm trees and was beautifully landscaped!

The girls had a great time in the pool. Chloe even became a little TOO fearless of water. Well, as long as mommy, daddy or Papa were close by! And it was great because Meme was feeling well enough that she came to sit and watch for a little while on a couple of the days. I don't think there was a single day we didn't visit the pool. I even got in my swimsuit but I'm glad I'm the blog photographer ;-)

Hannah got brave enough (with a life jacket on) that she didn't want us touching her. And she actually used some of the things Ms Korri taught her in swim lessons last summer! I know we will have to do lessons again next year because she is actually pretty good.

I'm glad my girls are learning at an early age. I grew up TERRIFIED of water (thanks, mom!) but in the recent years have overcome the fear and turned it into respect. I could save my life if it came down to it but Superman was laughing at the way I "swim" -- HOW DARE HE?!?!? If only he knew what it took for me to even start attempting to swim...

Anyhow, here's a glimpse at some of our fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment