Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Long Awaited Update!!!

It is WAY to late to be up blogging but Superman is helping my dad wire some lights in his remodel and the girls are in bed. So I figured this would be a good time to update you on the last couple of weeks. It's been a BUSY couple of weeks!!!

To start them off, Superman had a birthday. Not just ANY birthday but the one where he can finally quit saying I'm so old because I'm in my 30's . . . now, he's joined me :-)


We didn't get to have a party or anything (which I was kinda bummed because I had one in the works of my mind!) due to the preparation for a trip to Houston - which will be the main subject of this post and a few to follow. So, since our Sunday School class was having a fellowship and we were all supposed to bring something, I thought this would be fun! And he lucked out . . . no singing, no birthday spankings, no "30-something" jokes . . . just some fun with friends. His actual birthday was a little busy. We both worked that day after staying up packing the night before. Ya see, we were leaving for Houston to visit with his parents that evening as soon as possible! So, we worked and then once we got home, we loaded up the car and set out . . .



By the time we got on the road, it was a little after 7pm. Seeing as how Houston is quite a drive, I'm so grateful for modern technology!







The other thing I'm grateful for on this leg of the journey is that we had already planned to stay the night in a hotel about halfway between home and Houston. These girls were pooped! And Chloe's pillow was just a little too "poofy" for her so she cried for about 30 minutes before she finally gave up and compromised with how to work it!




Fortunately, we all got a decent night of sleep . . . and it's a good thing because MANY adventures followed in the next couple of days: fishing, swimming, playing and hanging out with MeMe & PaPa!

Stay tuned, we'll share one activity each day!

1 comment: