Thursday, July 8, 2010

A prayer request update.

So, if you're paying any attention to the time stamp you will see that I can be really stupid sometimes when Superman is gone. Tonight is even worse, though because he and his brother did not start out on the road to Houston until late in the afternoon. So, I'm waiting on his call that they have arrived safely. His sister flew in earlier in the afternoon and has been spending time with their parents.

Early tomorrow morning (5:15!) Kathy will report to the surgery unit at MD Anderson. Last week was full of testing and doctor appointments. There was encouraging news! I'm not 100% sure of what was said because I'm getting it through Superman who got it through . . . well, you know how that goes. But basically ~ the chemo and radiation ALONG WITH THE MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE did what it was supposed to do! The cancer appears to be gone. She will still be having surgery in the morning to remove the tumor that is causing the pain and difficulty with swallowing and breathing.

Pray tomorrow for the physicians's knowledge and steady hands. Pray for Charles and the kids while Kathy is in surgery - it is such a stressful thing, waiting. And pray for Kathy's comfort during the recovery time.

Thank you all for your love, prayers and support to this point. I'll continue to keep you updated. For now, I just got a call from Superman that he and his brother have arrived safely and checked into their room. They have a whole 4 hours to sleep before meeting the rest of the family at the hospital. Now that I know he's safe, I think I'll head to bed too!

1 comment:

  1. PTL! God is good! Will continue praying for the surgery and that He will guide the Doctor's hands!

    ReplyDelete