Thursday, July 8, 2010

Really?! TWO?!

So, this morning I woke up SUPER early because Chloe was screaming (and I mean bloody-murder screaming) "DADDY!" "DADDY!!" See, she's a little it of a daddy's girl. And she knew he wasn't here when she went to bed last night. I guess she thought that he would be here by this morning. Fortunately, it was 5:15 and I knew he would already be up and at the hospital with his mom. So, I sent him a text that she was wanting him - thinking that he would call. Little did I know, he took his computer with him so we got on Skype (great invention, that Skype). But it actually made things worse. She cried even harder because she could see him but he couldn't hold her :-(

Once we got her settled down, though, I realized she turned 2 today. I don't know why but it seems harder to believe that she's 2 than it did when Hannah turned 2. Maybe because I'm 99.9% certain she is truly my "baby"? Either way, when I got her dressed and asked her how old she is, this was her answer:


I two!

After a day at the day care for the girls and a long day for me (work until 12:30 then to the church to sing at a memorial service for a very dear man) I picked them up in the midst of a torrential downpour (the 2nd this week!). I had wanted to take them to Chick-Fil-A to eat dinner (Chloe always wants to eat there) but there was no way - I could see this rain was more than just a summer shower. So, we came home and cooked spaghetti. And yes, the word is WE. Hannah LOVES to help cook dinner!



I'm not sure exactly what Hannah was upset about but I think it was the fork. She thought it was a baby fork. But when she asked nicely and with big-girl words, she got a metal fork!


After dinner and baths, the girls have settled in watching a movie before bed. Well, Hannah's watching the movie. Chloe is crawling in and out of my lap. But that's okay (I love to cuddle that baby girl!)! With the whining that's starting, though, I think it's about bedtime.

On another note . . . THANK YOU for all your prayer support! Kathy came through surgery great! They are having a hard time controlling her pain but she is not having any problems with nausea. The doctor told the family that he was "very pleased" with the way things went. I know we serve a mighty God who is the great physician! I just talked to Superman. He and his brother are on their way home and should be here around midnight. I'll be ready to see him but even more excited to see the girls's faces tomorrow when they see him here before they expected to!

1 comment: