Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

So, every year there is this special day just for father's. And since this is MY blog, I want to take the time to recognize 3 special men in my life. Yes, I said three. First, there's my daddy. Without him, I would not be the person I am today. Next, there's my father-in-law. Without him, my hubby would not be the person he is today. And finally, my husband. As much as I loved him the day we married, I love him even more today . . . he is the man my girls call "daddy" and I thank God for that daily!

Today started out as a typical Sunday. After Chloe ran in to wish John a "happy fodder's day" and Hannah wished him a "happy faw-thews day" we went on to get ready for a busy Sunday!

First, there was time for John and Chloe to bond a little.


Then, he helped her get dressed. Sadly, Hannah has become such a big girl that she doesn't really need our help all that much anymore.




However . . . there are a few things mommy is still better at!





Finally, the girls pose with their daddy before heading to church.




After that, we head to worship. With both John and I being pastor's kids and both of the churches our dad's are serving being close in distance, we alternate every year - this year, we went to Mayridge where John's dad is the pastor. I am so grateful for Godly examples for our children. This picture doesn't have a daddy in it, but I'm thankful that the importance of worship is being taught at such a young age!



After morning worship, we went to lunch at John's parent's house. They have been blessed with a large family who loves them very much. John is 1 of 3 children and there are now 6 grandchildren! Charles is a wonderful example for his family.




After a great time with John's side of our family, it was time to head to my parents' house. Now, before you look at this next picture, let me clarify something for you. While my mom only grew 2 children in her "tummy" there are 3 that have grown in her heart. In April 2004, Dallas and Makenna were placed in our lives then Serriah was added in October 2006. In May 2009, my dad went from being the father of 2 to being the father of 5! At this point, he only has 2 grandchildren but we are looking forward to the day God adds more :-)




Finally, we came home so John could open his father's day gifts from the girls before we quickly ran off to evening worship.





I thank God daily for all three of these men. I pray that they will continue seeking His will as they continue leading their families. I am so glad to be a part of wishing them all "Happy Father's Day!"

1 comment:

  1. John's not too bad! Sounds like everyone had a great day!

    ReplyDelete