Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Sweet Girls (I'll try not to bore you with pictures!)

Okay, so I took a small sebatical. It was for good reason . . . fellowship with friends and family the first night, fellowship with friends from Sunday School on the second night then a night out with Superman for our anniversary last night. So, tonight it's finally time you get to meet my girls!



Superman and I didn't wait long to bring our first little bundle into the world. Remember, I was an "old maid" before we married and I wanted to be completely finished having children by the time I was 30 ;-)

So, when we learned I was expecting our first child just 7 months after we said "I Do" no one was really surprised. Now, the surprise was that we chose not to learn the gender of our expected child until "Baby H" (Hudson for a boy, Hannah for a girl) arrived. In September 2005, Hannah Faith joined our family. She was such a sweet, quiet baby! And to see Superman light up when she was around . . . he could swaddle her even better than I could and I was experienced at swaddling! Over the years, she has developed such a personality. She is now almost 5 and she can be the sweetest, most loving, most funny, most onery, most stubborn and even most defiant child all within the same 10 minutes! But I wouldn't trade her for the world. She's growing so much every day - not only in size (she's destined to be petite) but in brains and personality. I'm looking forward to seeing where God leads her life!







And Hannah was so excited when Superman and I told her she was going to be a big sister! I, however, was very nervous. Hannah had been such a mellow baby, I was nervous about what this baby may be like - afraid he or she would be fussy or colicky. This time, I let Superman talk me into not letting the gender be a surprise and Hannah got her wish for a baby sister. Chloe Grace was added to our family in July 2008. I had been nervous for nothing! Chloe was such a good AND HAPPY baby! And she is still a good and happy toddler. (Don't get me wrong, she is going to be 2 soon. And her attitude lately shows that!) From day one, Hannah has been a GREAT big sister. She loves Chloe with all her heart. But, of course there is the normal sisterly bickering! And through the growth of our family, I saw Superman change in ways I could never have dreamed. He is still such a great daddy. He loves both girls with every fiber of his being!











Both girls LOVE to sing! I'm glad they got THAT from me because otherwise, they are both JUST LIKE their daddy!! And Hannah? Well, she can make up a song with the best of them - THAT she got from her grandpa :-)

**Okay . . . here is where I was attempted to insert a video of each of the girls singing. However, I've been waiting for the first one to download for now 15 minutes and it wasn't complete. So, I guess you'll just have to use your imagination!**

They love their family (both Grandpa and PaPa are faves!) and friends.








They are both daddy's girls. At first this bothered me, but now? Well, I've come to realize that this relationship with their daddy is very important in developing a healthy idea of how a man is supposed to treat them. And while I would love to say that doesn't matter because they are never going to grow up, I know that is not true. And when they grow up, they will probably want to date boys. I want them to have a great man to compare them to. I'm glad Superman is willing to be that for them! It makes me love him even more!!




They love going to church. Superman and I are grateful for this! It makes it easier to teach them about God's love when they are able to go to a church where our church family loves them and helps teach them about God.

Speaking of Superman, remember I said earlier that last night was our anniversary? Well, after 6 years of marriage I'd say we clean up mighty fine. Thanks, Superman, for loving me all this time.



And thank you for my beautiful family!

1 comment:

  1. Such cuties! Avery is so lucky to have such great friends!

    ReplyDelete