Monday, June 28, 2010

Typical Monday

So, nothing really exciting to talk about tonight. I still have a few "players" to introduce but that will come later. Today, I'm grateful for the little things in life.

I'm grateful that today I was able to meet Superman for lunch. That doesn't usually get to happen on Monday because of how hectic the office can be after the weekend. But we needed to take care of some business with a utility company and they have a location halfway (or at least close to it) between my office and Superman's. So, once business was taken care of, we took advantage of the Jersey Mike's nearby!





After work, I got to talk on the phone with a sweet lady (you know who you are!) who is quickly becoming a dear friend. Irony (with God's help) crossed our paths! We are kindred spirits who seem to face a lot of the same problems at around the same times. It helps when we can encourage each other.

Then, hanging out with mom and all the kiddos for a while. Then, the real adventure began . . . grocery shopping with both girls. Wow! One thing, though . . . I did NOT wait until the busiest shopping day of the month this time. I had to call Jen. I knew she would be proud of me for planning ahead! However, planning ahead did NOT help my trip run smoothly. The girls were in rare form. WHINING DRIVES ME CRAZY so to say the least - I was so frazzled when we left the grocery store! Even though the girls did not deserve a treat, I did. So we stopped at the snow cone stand. It helped a little ;-)

Finally, home. Baths and bed for the girls. Straightening up the house a little and putting a few more things away for John and I (will it ever get done?). Now, blogging out some tension. Next . . . some time with John then BED!!! I'm pooped! But always ready to see what tomorrow brings.

And since I didn't get many pics today, I'm going to leave you with this one. It's Hannah on crazy hair day at VBS last week but the look on her face says it all . . . . later!


No comments:

Post a Comment