Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Day in My Life

So, today started out like any other Tuesday. I got up and went to work. The excitement today, though was that we were going to pick out new scrubs!!!! Now, at our office, we coordinate our scrubs to where we dress the same each day. Have you ever been shopping with 4 girls with different tastes and have to pick out something for all of them to wear? The only other time I've done this (other than the other times we've picked out scrubs) was for my wedding. And I think this was more stressful. (Maybe because for the wedding, they only had to wear it once and with the scrubs, they are every day.)

So, after a time of shopping, trying on different styles and sizes and then picking out colors to please everyone (thank you, Kari, for agreeing to your FAVORITE color!) we felt that it was time for a break.




Here's me with 2 of my favorite girls (Corrie and Kari).

And here are my 3 girls ~ Corrie, Kari and Leticia. We spend so much time together you would think we wouldn't want to eat lunch together ;-)

After an afternoon of clinic patients with Dr Robinett, I finally got to head home for time with the family. I love Tuesdays because Superman and I neither have commitments and it's usually our big family night. Tonight was no different. One thing the girls love to do (and I'm not complaining because I absolutely despise it) is using daddy's brand new pooper-scooper!

Hannah's showing Chloe how to work it!

Then it was play time.


And while we were outside playing and scooping poop, Superman was fixing up a scrumptious meal . . . grilled fish and potatoes (one of my favorites). And I love when he cooks so much that I didn't even mind cleaning up!

It starts with this.
Then he adds a little of that.
Then he grills it up.
And voila! Grilled fish and potatoes! (I know, the pics don't do it justice.)

But we sure did eat it up. Hannah even had seconds and Chloe cleaned her plate. That's uncommon!




After dinner the girls decided they needed plums for snack. I'm so grateful my girls like to eat fruit. I'm praying they don't make the same food mistakes I did. I'm still trying hard to release the weight!



Then I saw this flying around my house. Remember, I said they are daddy's girls. But I only caught one of them tonight.





Now, they've both flown off to bed and I'm going to go spend time with Superman. Maybe a movie. Who knows? I'm just glad he loves me!

1 comment:

  1. Fun evening! Glad John cooked dinner! Looked delish...well, if I liked fish!

    ReplyDelete